- Under certain situations you may need to rehome SystemEDGE hosts from one distribution server to another (if a Distribution Server is decommissioned or if an additional Distribution Server is added to the VAIM Domin for load balancing purposes).
- The following article will demonstrate how to accomplish this task using the "caismutility"
1. The manager_name parameter of the sysedge.cf file (located in the SystemEDGE\config directory) dictates what Distribution Server the agent will register and communicate with.
2. You can verify the correct name of the host(s) you would like to rehome in the sysEDGE.dat on the domain server.
3. This is located under the C:\ProgramData\CA\SM\domainserver\objects directory.
4. The command will only be successful if you use the machine name as it appears within the sysEDGE.dat file
5. The following command will rehome server casro19-u128471 from Distribution Server flabr02-ond1114 to Distribution Server flabr02-u161719.
caismutility -user admin -password <password> -o sysEDGE -c flabr02-U161719.ca.com casro19-u128471.ca.com
6. Once completed the sysedge.cf file located in the SystemEDGE\config directory will reflect the change.
VAIM Reference Guide: caismutility - add Functionalities to Policy Configuration UI