REGDAYS is a new ERO parameter that places reports in non-deletable status.
Once a REGDAYS date is assigned to a report, it can only be extended but never reduced based on changes in the ERO table.
The REGDAYS parameter is a new ERO parameter that places reports in a non-deletable status.
It works this way:
- When the REGDAYS parameter is used in the ERO table, matching reports are flagged as non-deletable until the calculated REGDAYS
date has been reached. Valid values are 0 to 32767.
- The REGDAYS date is calculated by adding the REGDAYS value to the report ARCHIVE date.
- Once a REGDAYS date is assigned to a report, it can only be extended but never shortened via changes in the ERO table.
- Even if a user is authorized to delete the report, the delete will fail if the current date is prior to the REGDAYS date.
- If you try to use the SARBCH /CHANGE ARCHDATE function, it will fail with a message if the target report is under REGDAYS control.
- Centera retention is specified in seconds from the Centera creation date which is based on GMT time. CA View will apply a local time zone adjustment
to number of seconds so report is retained until midnight local time. This will insure that a Centera Compliance Plus device will also force the
- Even Centera applications outside of CA View will not be permitted to delete the report.
- This also places a restriction on Indexing a REGDAYS controlled report that is stored on Centera. Since the old index cannot be removed, the report cannot be re-indexed. CA View will fail the Index operation with a message.
- Any time a REGDAYS date is extended, that change will be sent to the Centera during the next backup cycle.
If a report is archived on 01/01 with REGDAYS=20, it cannot be deleted before 01/21.
If on 01/15 the ERO table entry is changed to REGDAYS=5, new reports archive on 01/15 cannot be deleted until 01/20.
Changing the REGDAYS parameter will not affect reports already under a previous REGDAYS setting. Reports archived on the 01/01 with the REGDAYS=20 setting will be non-deletable until 01/21.
If on 11/10, the ERO table entry is changed from REGDAYS=5 to REGDAYS=25, new reports for that day cannot be deleted until 12/05.
In addition the reports were archived earlier on 11/01 will be non-deletable until 11/26 because the new REGDAYS value of 25 is greater than the old REGDAYS value of 5.