Trying to rediscover routers through the RA web gui gives the following error:
The request failed with http status 404: Not Found
This only impacts RA 9.0.
This is caused by .NET 2.0 not being allowed in the IIS configuration. To resolve, follow these steps:
RDP to each Harvester server, or the RA standalone server.
- Right-click on My Computer and select Manage
- Go to Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Expand web service extensions
- Select ASP.NET v2.0, ASP.NET v1.1, and Active Server Pages and then hit Allow
- Open a command prompt on the server
- Run the following two commands:
Then refresh the enable interfaces page and try it again.
Note: For Win 2008, IIS v7 the 'Web Service Extensions' are located under IIS Manager >Server Name then in the icons on the right click on 'ISAPI and CGI Restrictions'
Please note that RA 9.0 is end of life and you should consider upgrading to ensure that you are running a supported environment.