Error Message :
When setting a JOBP to recurring execution (C_PERIOD), it bases its timezone on the AE database UTC timezone instead of the specified timezone set in the Recurring Execution properties.
Determine if you are affected by this:
AE version 10.0.6+hf.1.build.515
Client timezone settings = PST
UI timezone settings = PST
User timezone settings = PST
JOBP recurring execution properties = PST
1. Create a JOBP
2. Right-click on the JOBP > Execute... > Recurring (make sure the current time you are activating the C_PERIOD is around 6:30PM PST)
3. Under Frequency tab, select At time: 00:01
4. Under Frequency tab, put in a TimeZone = PST
5. Days and Range tabs are left with the default settings
6. A pop up will ask if Yes, you want to run the C_PERIOD immediately or No, you want it to run the next day as expected. Select No.
EXPECTED: The C_PERIOD runs the next day at 12:01AM.
ACTUAL: The C_PERIOD doesn't run the next day at 12:01AM because it is already past the 12:01AM in UTC timezone because it is not going off the PST time zone set in the properties, it is going off the AE db's timezone.
Root Cause: A pop up will ask if Yes, you want to run the C_PERIOD immediately or No, you want it to run the next day as expected. Select No.
This is the problem that the pop up seems to be evaluated in wrong time zone.
Update to a fix version listed below or a newer version if available.
An error has been fixed where a set timezone has been ignored at the start of a recurring task with option "start At". Popup asks to start immediately or starting with the next day but after choosing "tomorrow", the next start time is calculated with the day after tomorrow.
Fix Status: Released
Component: Automation Engine
Automation Engine 12.0.0 - Available
Automation Engine 11.2.2 - Available
Automation Engine 11.1.4 - Available