Can no create Ideas and Project after deleting a custom attribute in Investment Object that was audited in idea Object.
The problem affects all investments, not just Idea and Project. The root cause is that the Trigger retains reference to the attribute.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Investment Object. Create a custom attribute 'my_custom1'
2. Open Idea Object. Go to Audit Trail Tab. Select Attribute 'my_custom1' to be audited when changes occur. Click on Save.
TRIGGER T_IDEA_OODF_CA_INV gets created.
3. Open Idea Object again. Go to Audit Trail Tab. Remove Audited attribute 'my_custom1'. Click on Save.
TRIGGER T_IDEA_OODF_CA_INV still exist.
4. Open Investment Object. Delete custom attribute 'my_custom1'
5. Try to create a New Idea or Project.
You should be able to create ideas and Projects. Trigger should be updated when the custom attribute from Investment is deleted.
Cannot create ideas and Projects and your receive "Error please contact your system administrator". Trigger is not updated when the custom attribute from Investment is deleted.
Caused by CLRT-79725
Dropping the trigger may be a valid workaround, but it will depend from one case to the next. In some cases, it will not be appropriate.
Please check with Clarity Support.
app log shows:
ERROR 2016-02-01 20:24:23,948 [http-nio-80-exec-3] niku.xql2 (clarity:admin:5492040__05C5C1B8-6FFB-4EEF-B01A-42AC9367B686:pma.ideaCreateSave) Internal Processing exception
SQL error code: 4098
Error message: [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-04098: trigger 'CLARITY143.T_IDEA_OODF_CA_INV' is invalid and failed re-validation