After installing CABI and integrated with Spectrum Report Manager InfoView is accessible but when trying to generate reports getting below error
"failed to open a connection - <report_name_here>"
This is even after following the NVM Post Install and Cafdeploy steps given in TECHDOC TEC569034
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry.
Before you modify the registry, make sure to create back up of the registry and ensure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem may occur.
For more information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, please review the relevant Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on support.microsoft.com.
If you are not successful with TECHDOC TEC569034 please follow below steps based on the operating system
Ensure that in registry MergeConnectionProperties is set to Yes
To open registry
Click on Start
Click on run
Type regedit and press enter
Navigate to below path in the registry
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal
Change the value to "Yes" if it is set to "NO"
NOTE:Please backup the registry before you modify it
Here are the instructions for the registry on Linux and Solaris.
- Login to a shell of your BO machine as the BO owner user.
- Set your DISPLAY environment variable to use a valid X Server if it is not set already.
- Navigate into the following directory based on your OS:
- Execute the following command to load the BO environment variables:
- Execute the following command to launch BO s registry editor into an X window:
- In the Registry Editor, add the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal
- For the key you created, create a new String value:
Once you have added that value, you can close the Registry Editor.
Now close the existing pages and then try to rerun the reports in SRM Infoview