- In this case below alert from exchange probe was continuously received, however there were no issues from the services running on exchange server.
Alert:- (services_check): Find services status - communication error, Nimsoft Alarm from: server_name
- During research we noticed in the exchange_monitor log that services_check started but failed to lookup ntservices probe:
... and failed with
exchange_monitor: nimNamedSession: failed lookup ntservices (2)
- Similar messages were showing up also for ntevl, processes and perfmon probes.
- Lookups into the controller start to fail when the alarm is seen.
- On checking the niscache directory we saw >100,000 files.
- A very large niscache directory can adversely impact the robot operation/connection anytime information is retrieved from it.