Step by step instructions follow for replacing a STK robot with an IBM.
NOTE: CA DYNAM/T for VM does not support different flavors of robots at the same time. You can not drive a STK robot and an IBM robot from the same DYNAMCMS service machine. If you are a z/VSE user of DYNAM/T, a z/VSE guest can only communicate with one DYNAMCMS service machine.
To change to an interface to the IBM robot from STK, make the following updates using CA ACTIVATOR:
- From task TC30-I009 remove ACSALLOW and ACSDIALG parameters.
- From task TC30-I010 remove set IBMALLOW to ON.
- From task TC30-I030 define your IBM robot. The Lib Id will be 1 character from 0 to F that identifies the library. It is used in the
OWNERID of the dataset if you specify ECFLAG=2
- From task TC30-I018 specify ECFLAG 02 if you want to have several scratch pools. You may already have that setting.
Remove ACSSERV parameter
Specify IBM3495 : YES
Review parameters CTLSCR and UCTLSCR. CTLSCR identify the first and last volume serial number located in the IBM robot that are
to be under CA DYNAM/T for VM control. UCTLSCR would specify a range within the CTLSCR but that is NOT located in the
- In task TC30-I031 specify the mdisks where the CSL routines and FSMPPSI are located.
- Execute task TC30I024
- Execute task TC30I028
- Execute CA-CIS task Y430I003
- Execute task TC30I029
When starting DYNAM you should see messages:
CADT874I IBM INITIALIZATION STARTED
CADT875I IBM INITIALIZATION COMPLETE
If you don't get this messages, the IBM interface is not correctly installed.
Please refer to Implementing Robot System to BrightStor CA-Dynam/T for VM in chapter 6 of the CA DYNAM/T VM Getting Started Guide for R3.