When you add a custom attribute to the Financial Rollup view in the Project Hierarchy tab, the following error is generated: SER-0104: The hierarchy was not retrieved.
The application log (app-ca.log) shows a dynamically built query that contains the new field in the SELECT statement but the table that the field is in (odf_ca_financials) is not declared in the FROM statement and an error saying the field can not be bound is returned.
The same error message can occur for other types of user-defined attributes including data type= Money.
Note: This issue happens with the below views:
- Financial Rollup (view Basic & Detail)
- Effort Rollup (view Basic & Detail)
Steps to Reproduce:
- In PPM, go to Administration->Objects->Financials->Attributes
- Create a new attribute (Example: attr_string (data type= string)
- Open a project and go to the Hierarchy tab
- Select the Options icon then Configure
- Go to List Column Layout
- Add the new attribute created (In this example: attr_string) to 'Selected Columns'
- Save and Return
Expected Result: The updated column list is displayed on the Hierarchy tab.
Actual Result: Receive "Error: SER-0104: The hierarchy was not retrieved." and the column list in not displayed.