With the Eclipse Plug-in, what happens if I delete the properties.index file from my local workspace? How can I restore this file if becomes corrupted?
CA Harvest SCM 12.x with Eclipse or RAD and the Eclipse Plugin
When using the CA Harvest SCM Eclipse Plugin with either the Eclipse IDE or the Rational Application Developer (RAD) IDE, the Plugin maintains the information connecting the local project files to the Harvest Repository in the ".metadata" folder, and particularly in a file named "properties.index" in the "<workspace>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\<EclipseProjectName>\.indexes" folder. If this file is deleted or becomes corrupt you lose the "binding" information that the Plugin maintains and the project is no longer connected to the Harvest repository. To restore this binding information you will need to add the project to your workspace again.
- In Eclipse go to the Explorer tab
- Navigate to your project, state and data view
- Right click on the top level folder in your project and select “Add to Workspace”
- In the Add to Workspace wizard select the same project name you had before, set the context and client path and click “Finish”
- You will be asked if you want to overwrite the project. Click “OK”.
As a result the Eclipse Plugin will do a fresh checkout of everything in the project and your bindings will be restored.
NOTE: During this process you will lose any local changes to your project that had not been checked in. If possible you should take a backup of your local project folder before doing this.