When creating a new row for the data matrix, a resource can be entered with additional spaces, and this makes the rate not to be found for the intended resource (i.e.: "admin" != "admin "). It is also difficult to identify at a glace which rows have additional spaces as they are not visible - although they can still be observed by selecting the whole cell text.
Steps to Reproduce
Expected Results: The blank spaces are not saved or an error is displayed (REVMGR-20187:Resource code is not valid.), as "admin " is not valid resource ID.
- Go to Administration > Finance > Manage Matrix, click New
- Fill in the details for the rate matrix except the resource
- For the resource, try either:
- Using the binoculars, select a resource (e.g.: "admin"), select "Add" and then add one or more blank spaces after the ID ("admin "), or
- Type "admin " (including one or more blank spaces after the ID)
- Click Save and Return
Actual Results: Blank spaces are saved and row is inserted in the matrix. Rates for that row are not found as do not match resource ID ("admin" != "admin ").
Same can be reproduced with Resource Roles, Locations and Transaction Classes.
This issue has been observed in CA PPM 126.96.36.199 and reproduced in 188.8.131.52.
This issue has been reported to Engineering as DE38843.
This defect has been fixed in CA PPM 15.4.1.
Edit the matrix, change any one attribute and save. Change back to the original value and save.
This will remove all the unwanted spaces saved in database and after that there will not be any problem in finding a matrix match as desired.