Randomly "processing your request...." message is shown, it hangs until page is refreshed.
When navigating the application, on any page, randomly a "processing your request..." message is shown and user needs to manually refresh screen to display information. It just hangs until page is refreshed.
Expected Result: Display information.
Actual Result: "Processing your request...." message is shown and page hangs.
Once this problem occurs, you will see errors in the app-ca.log similar to this message below:
ERROR 2015-10-12 10:50:17,674 [http-bio-90-exec-8] clarity.ui (clarity:user:712094124__EEAD9B7F-4E2F-4BCB-B6EF-0209BFBB8CA2:none) UI_MSG[:Mon Oct 12 15:13:42 UTC 0530 2013:OnError called--Client Side Exception
java.lang.Exception: VXMLRequest failed. HTTP status code was: 503
Caused by CLRT-72405
At this time there is no plan in making any changes to this area of the product, please continue to use the easy workaround when issue occurs.
1. Manually refresh internet browser.
2. This error can indicate a session time out, there are a few things that can be checked to minimize this issue:
- If you have Single Sign On (SSO) enabled, check the timeout setting for SSO
- Check the PPM/Clarity timeout setting via Administration, General Settings: System Options, check the setting for 'Minutes Of Inactivity Until Logout'
- 'The Minutes Of Inactivity Until Logout' must be set less than the timeout set for your SSO (for example if your SSO timeout is set to 15 minutes then your PPM timeout should be 14 minutes or less)
- If you navigate to any portlet and you get this error, check to see if it is returning a large amount of data that is exceeding the timeout setting either on the SSO side or PPM
- If you don't have SSO and still get the error, then check the browser timeout setting set by your IT administrators and ensure that the Browser timeout setting is greater then the PPM timeout setting
If happens randomly we have the troubleshooting steps: Clear Clarity caches, clear the browser caches, close and open the browser again, Restarting services to see if this resolves the issue. If reproducible and the app-ca log shows more info we can troubleshoot cause by statement. If any steps to reproduce or specific date/time please open case and we can review the logs.
For more details please review the Customer Reported Defect Resolution Policy for CA Clarity PPM.