When importing Application Mappings into NFA from CSV using the "racmd -import" utility I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
NFA All Versions
Using improper formatting of CSV templates.
You must format the csv file as documented in the link below:
There are five template files you can follow in the \CA\NFA\Reporter\racmd directory depening on the type of Application Mapping Rules you wish to import:
The NBAR2 file is prepoulated with a list of NBAR2 definitions which we provide for you, but you can add to that or edit them as needed.
- All (ToS) rule -
- Host rule with a specified protocol -
- Host rule without a specified protocol -
- Subnet rule -
- NBAR2 rule -
Some things to watch for when getting this error:
- Ensure your column names match up with the template files.
- Ensure columns are in the same order order as template files.
- When trying to select ALL protocols or ALL ToS values use "-1" instead of typing ALL.
- When entering TCP or UDP, make sure they are capitalized.
- If using multiple ports in the beginPort column, separate them by commas,