RA (Rapid Automation) Agents - Installation Guide
An RA agent always consists of 2 parts:
Installing an RA agent
1. Download the RA core and the specific RA solution (RA FTP, RA WebService, RA OEBS, etc.) at downloads.automic.com (Advanced Mode). Use the the Compatibility Matrix to ensure they are compatible with your current Automation Engine / OS versions.
2. Install the core on the host where the agent is going to run.
3. Load the RA solution (.jar file) into your Automation Engine database with DB Load utility.
4. Connect to Client 0 and manually create the agent, preferably in the 'HOST' folder.
5. Edit the agent's core ini file (default name = ucxjcitx.ini) to set the agent's name. This name has to match the one used when manually creating the agent (see previous step). Otherwise, the agent will fail to start.
6. Start the agent.
Adding the agent to the Service Manager DialogNote: This step is optional, and should be performed manually.
1.Duplicate an existing agent from the Service Manager Dialog's window.
2. Go to its properties, and fill them in like below :
java -jar -Xrs -Xmx512M ucxjcitx.jar disable_cache
<agent's bin directory> - e.g. : C:\Automic\Agents\RAFTP\bin
The RA agent's installation guide is available here:
Web Solutions / NoWeb Solutions
You have certainly noticed that recent releases of RA agents come in 2 different solutions: a standard one, and a 'NoWeb'.
The reason behind this is that the layout of RA objects (forms of jobs for instance) had to be rebuilt so they could be used under the AWI version 12.
Therefore, if you are using a version prior to version 12, please use the NoWeb version. Otherwise, you may use the standard version.
Here is a little example:
This does not apply to all RA solutions though. For instance, if you are using a Web Service agent version 3, there is only one available solution for each release.
You can use the Compatibility Matrix if you have any doubts.