· Navigate to any computer.
· Click on the ‘pencil’ icon in the Overview portlet to go into configuration mode.
· Click on the configuration button to add a new entry in Inventory Asset Management list.
· To add ‘IP Address’, click on the Add button.
· Expand General Inventory, Network and select IP Address. Click Add.
· Now ‘Network IP Address’ is in the list. Click OK.
· Click on the pencil icon to finish configuration.
· In the Overview portlet, you should now be able to see the IP Address.
· Click on the pencil icon to configure Quick Launch Portlet. Click on the pencil icon to edit External applications.
· Add a new application by clicking ‘Add ‘.
· Specify the Name, command and parameters as outlined below.
· In the Overview item list select ‘Network IP Address’ and click OK.
· Complete the parameter string like below:
· Click OK. The external application list now has a new entry for Ping IP Address.
· Click OK. Click on the pencil icon again to close configuration mode.
· ‘Ping IP Address’ should now be available under External Application. Click on ‘Ping IP Address’ and it will launch a command window pinging the IP address of the agent.