This issue is fixed in CA PPM 14.4.
Temporarily delete the mpp file from the prdocument table for the project(s) with the issue.
If on CA PPM 14.3 or lower, it is recommended to only save a project in one version of MSP, as this issue will happen each time the project is saved in MSP2010 and then attempted to be opened in MSP 2013.
Below are the steps to do this (For On Demand customers, please open a case to have this resolved):
IMPACT OF RUNNING SCRIPT:
- The update will wipe out the views for the project, so when the project is opened from PPM after the update, the project will only open with the default columns. Users will have to recreate their views for the project, unless they have them saved in MSP. (This doesn't apply starting in the 14.2 new driver, as views are no longer saved. Users should always save the views on their MSP and switch to that view after the project opens).
- Any custom field data not mapped to PPM will be deleted from the project. This only impacts data entered in a MSP Field (such as a text field) and that data isn't stored in PPM.
- In the MSP New Driver: All Fixed Work tasks will change to task type of Fixed Units due to a limitation in the new driver. After running the query, manually change all applicable tasks to Fixed Work the next time the project is opened in MSP.
Run the below query on the PPM Database:
set prrecordid = ?? where prrecordid=?
and prtablename= 'PRJ_PROJECTS'
1. Replace the ? with the 5 million number of the project. For ?? change the 5 to a 9. This will create a backup of the record in the database.
2. Run the below query to ensure that there is not already a project with the ?? prrecordid:
select * from prdocument where prrecordid = ??
3. To find the 5 million number for the project, you can run the below query (or it can be found in the PPM URL when clicking on the link to the project from the project list)
select id from inv_investments where name='<project name>' and object_type = 'PROJECT'