When attempting to open a project in Microsoft Project (MSP), receive error: Project cannot recognize this file format. Do you want to open this file as text only?
This applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
Solution 1:Ensure that nikusl is associated to file extension 'schedlink':
- From your computer 'Control Panel', click on 'Programs' then 'Default Programs'
- Click 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program'
- Select 'nikusl' and associate it with file extension of 'schedlink'
- Click 'Save'
- Close all open Browser sessions, then reopen the project from PPM
Solution 2: If the above doesn't help, ensure the browser is configured to associate the nikusl with SchedLink MFC Application
Example in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open a Mozilla Firefox Browser window and go to 'Options' then click 'Applications' in the left hand menu
2. From the 'Action' drop down for 'NIKUSL file', select 'Use SchedLink MFC Appllication' from the drop down (It should not be Microsoft Project)