The Automic Products, by their nature, very rapidly and constantly evolve and therefore can sometimes have a lot of different versions of the same product. How to know what is compatible with what?
For instance, if one tries to answer those questions :
- Is the Java UserInterface 8.00A408-091 safe to use with UC4 server version 8.00A302-371?
- Can I use the UserInterface SP9 with UC4 SP8?
Here are some rules about this specific subject :
- For Version 8 (Operations Manager), it is safe to assume that all components work with each other, as long as they remain part of Version 8.
- Same goes for Version 10 of Automation Engine : all components are cross-compatible
- Version 9 of Automation Engine is a bit more tricky : Up to SP4 all components need to belong to the corresponding SP4 (for exemple, a V9 SP4 server has to run via a V9 SP4 UserInterface). This does not apply to SP5 upward, and for example a component in V6 is compatible with a V9 component.