An active Process defined to start on an update action is initiated unexpectedly as the condition is not met. The process gets triggered on performing a XOG write action of the project even though the process condition is not met. It seems that after modifying the project through XOG, the process is only considering the present attribute vale and not considering the old attribute value defined on the condition.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a simple process based in project object
- Set Start Option to Auto-start
- Start Event = Update
- Start Condition ( ( Project On Hold Inv = 0 ) and ( Project On Hold Inv [Previous Value] != Project On Hold Inv ) ) where 'On Hold Inv' is just a Boolean attribute on project object. This issue is also reproducible with other type of attributes as well.
- Validate the process
- Create new project
- Notice process has not started under Processes tab
- Perform a XOG read of the project created in step # 6 using prj_projects_read.xml and XOG it back in (unchanged)
- Notice process is triggered even though starting condition is not met (no updates or changes were made)
Expected Result: Process should not have triggered as the Start Condition has not been met
Actual Result: Process is initiated unexpectedly
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
Caused by CLRT-77179
Resolved in CA PPM 13.3 Generic Patch #12
Resolved in CA PPM 14.2 Generic Patch #1
Resolved in CA PPM 14.3