Recover from possible database corruption.
If the patch is installed after the SpectroSERVER has crashed, you will need to recover from possible database corruption prior to starting the SpectroSERVER process. During the installation of Spectrum 10.02.00, there will be three new database files created in the $SPECROOT/SS directory:
legacy.SSdb - This database file is a catalog only database containing a clean catalog from the installation. A new legacy.SSdb file is created every time a Spectrum installation is run. The version of the legacy.SSdb file will be the version of Spectrum installed at that time.
There will be a file date/time stamped with the word "after" in the file name. For example, "db_20170111,1.after.SSdb". This is commonly referred to as the ".after" database file. This is also a catalog only database containing a clean catalog from the installation. The version of the .after file will be the version of Spectrum installed at that time.
There will be a file date/time stamped that will contain the models and catalog of the previous version of Spectrum installed. For example, "db_20170111,1.SSdb". If installing Spectrum 10.02.00 over the top of Spectrum 10.01.01, this database will be version 10.01.00,
Please do the following to recover from possible database corruption after the crash and after installing the PTF_10.02.003 patch:
1. Log into the SpectroSERVER system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation
2. On Windows, open a bash shell by running "bash -login"
3. cd to the $SPECROOT/SS directory
4. Remove the $SPECROOT/SS/.VNMDB.LOCK file
5. Run the following command to initialize the database to the legacy catalog:
../SS-Tools/SSdbload -il legacy.SSdb
6. Run the following command to load the models only from the models and catalog save from before the upgrade was done:
../SS-Tools/SSdbload -m <models and catalog database save from the previous version of Spectrum>
Example: ../SS-Tools/SSdbload -m db_20170111,1.SSdb
7. Start the SpectroSERVER as normal.
It is highly recommended to make a new full database save that will now be of a database having 10.02.00 and PTF_10.02.003 installed.