I am upgrading my agents through CA Client Automation (Software Delivery) and some of them reboot. How can I prevent this?
CA Client Automation - All versions
The potential reboots of agents during an upgrade can be prevented by creating an added procedure within each package being pushed as outlined below:
- Drill down to the 'Procedures' section of the package. Right-click on the procedure 'Install' and select 'New Based On'.
- In the pop up window, go to the 'Embedded File' tab.
- Go to the 'Properties' sub-tab.
- Select 'REBOOT' and 'ReallySuppress' in the 'Property' and 'Value' fields respectively, using the drop down list as shown in the screenshot below:
- Click on 'Add to List'.
- Go back to the 'Procedure' tab and rename the item in the 'Name' field from 'Install' to 'Install-SuppressReboot' (or a useful name of your choice)
- Click 'OK'
NOTE: You do NOT need to unseal the package to create the new procedure outlined above.
- Similarly, create procedures for all the agent plugin packages and push the added procedure to install/upgrade the plugin.
***NOTE: If any agent install fails with the error code '3010', it means that the install was successful, but the machine needs to be rebooted to complete the install. Keep a list of these machines so you know what boxes to reboot in the future.