By default, the server allocates 512 MB to the Java process that generates reports on the server. If you get a Java heap space or out of memory error in the console while running a report, allocate more memory to the report process. For example, you can increase the maximum memory available for generating reports to 1024 MB.
Follow these steps:
Connect to the server as an administrator using CA WA Desktop Client.
NOTE- Restart of DE scheduler is not required.
- Open the Admin perspective.
- Right-click Topology in the Admin view, and select Open from the pop-up menu.
The Topology view opens.
- Right-click the server connection name in the Topology view, and select Configure Shared Parameters from the pop-up menu.
The Server Shared Parameters view opens.
- Select the Internal tab.
The Internal tab opens.
- Click the Show Advanced Parameters icon.
A confirmation dialog opens.
- Click Yes if you have received instructions from CA to change this advanced parameter.
The advanced parameters appear.
- Modify the following field as appropriate:
- Maximum memory available to a reporting process (in megabytes)
Specifies the maximum memory available to the Java process that generates the reports on the server.
Default: 512 MB
- Click Save at the top right corner of the Topology view.
The changes are saved.