When trying to save changes for snmpcollector in Admin Console, the error PPM-025 shows itself consistently.
Residual or corrupt template files cause error accessing snmpcollector Template Editor
- FOR SNMPCOLLECTOR 2.X, THE FOLLOWING WILL NEED TO BE PERFORMED
- Deactivate snmpcollector probe and pollagent probe on snmpcollector hub in Infrastructure Manager
- Delete the snmpcollector and pollagent probes.
- RDP to the snmpcollector hub robot.
- Delete the snmpcollector and pollagent probe folders (this removes old templates)
- Restart the robot
- Install the snmpcollector and pollagent probes as new.
- FOR SNMPCOLLECTOR 3.X, THE FOLLOWING WILL NEED TO BE PERFORMED
- Deactivate ppm/snmpcollector and baseline_engine on the snmpcollector hub.
- Rename the entire snmpcollector folder to snmpcollector_bkp, so that we have backup copies of the config files and templates.
- Delete ppm folder.
- Rename the baseline_engine cache_dir to cache_dir_old. This clears the cache on baseline_engine.
- Deleted ppm and snmpcollector probes from IM.
- Redeploy ppm/snmpcollector.
- Activated baseline_engine, so that the cache_dir gets recreated.
- In the newly created snmpcollector folder structure, highlighted the following files/folders and Copy/Paste these to get a backup of these in case issues arose with corruption in the files:
- Replace snmpcollector,cfg and bulk_config with the backups in the new folder structure.
- Deactivate/activate snmpcollector for the files to take effect.
- Sign out and back into Admin Console.
- It may also be necessary to clear the browser cache for the issue to be corrected.