The following steps will need to be performed in the exact order.
Note: The Clarity administrator performs steps A and D. For SaaS Customers, the Broadcom SaaS team will perform steps B, C and E.
A. Cancel and re-run the jobs
1. Go to Home > Reports and Jobs
2. Pause all jobs and reports in the following states: WAITING, SCHEDULED
3. Cancel all PROCESSING instances.
4. Cancel all NOT SCHEDULED instances.
5. Filter for all CANCELLED jobs.
Make a note of the Cancelled jobs and take screenshots/notes of their schedule, as they will need to be re-entered at a later time.
6. Select and delete all CANCELLED instances.
7. Run an immediate instance of any fast running job such as Clean User Sessions job
If it does not go to the Processing status, delete the job and proceed to step B.
If it does go to the Processing status, proceed to step D.
B. Remove all possible orphan records and locks on the jobs
1. Stop all background services on the environment
2. Run the query:
select csj.id, csj.is_visible, csjd.is_active
from cmn_sch_jobs csj, cmn_sch_job_definitions csjd
where csj.job_definition_id = csjd.id
and (csj.is_visible = 0 or csjd.is_active = 0)
and csj.job_definition_id not in
(select id from cmn_sch_job_definitions
where upper(job_code) in
and csj.status_code in ('WAITING', 'SCHEDULED','PROCESSING')
If no records are returned, then proceed to step 3.
If records are returned, then:
Run the attached scripts in file Scheduler_orphan_records_Removal.txt
3. Check for any locks on the scheduler with the query:select * from prlock where prtablename = 'CMN_SCH_JOBS'
If any records are returned, then run the following SQL statement:
delete from prlock where prtablename = 'CMN_SCH_JOBS';
4. If on CA PPM 15.3 and higher, proceed with Step C, if not, start the Background services back C. Clear the Scheduler Table for Clarity 15.3 and higher
For version 15.3 and higher, there is a new table that holds all currently processing jobs : CMN_SCH_JOB_CURR_RUNS
Sometimes the table can get out of sync, and here is what you can do to resolve it:
1. Make sure Step A is performed (all processing jobs are stopped in UI )
2. Stop the background services if not done already (as per Step B)
3. Run the statement:TRUNCATE TABLE CMN_SCH_JOB_CURR_RUNS
4. Start the background servicesD. Recreate the jobs in Clarity.
1. Re-enter the previously deleted 'Cancelled' jobs with their schedule.
2. Resume(unpause) all 'PAUSED' jobs and reports
Note: For issues with the Time Slicing job being stuck, see also KB000046539
. E. Check for jobs stuck in processing in the Database
If the above doesn't help, check for any jobs stuck in processing in the Database by running the below query. If any jobs are found where the JOB_STATUS is Processing, but the JOB_RUN_STATUS is a different status, delete these jobs from the Scheduled Jobs in the UI and then reschedule the jobs.
Note: It's recommended to take a note of the job reoccurrence setup for the jobs to be deleted for rescheduling after the jobs are deleted. select scj.id,scj.name,scj.status_code JOB_STATUS,csj.id RUNID,csj.status_code JOB_RUN_STATUS,(select user_name from cmn_sec_users where id=csj.created_by) from cmn_sch_jobs scj
join cmn_sch_job_runs csj on csj.job_id=scj.id