When creating an adjustment transaction to remove actual hours from an assignment, the Approve WIP Adjustment feature is doubling the count value so the actual hours will display 0.00 when you run the 'Import Financial Actuals' job, but the assignment Actual Cost field will now display a negative value.
This will happen for Labor and Non Labor resources.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a project, add a financially enabled 'Expense' resource to Team Staff
- Create a task and add the resource above to the task
- Create rate matrix with $1.00 for all resources
- Run the 'Rate Matrix Extraction' job to populate the rate on the project for the resource
- Go to Transaction Entry page, create an Expense Voucher transaction with the above project and task, put Quantity = 5, Rate =1.00 and Cost =1.00
- Post to WIP
- Query the PAC_IMP_ACTUALS_EXPORT and verify the Amount, Rate and TOT_COST_PRJ_CURR are 5
- Run 'Import Financial Actuals' job
- Launch the project in OWB and view the assignment Actual Cost field - it displays $5, and if you set the Actuals field to display cost it displays $5.00
- Go to Create WIP Adjustment page and adjust the transaction
- Set the Quantity from 5 to -5 to reverse out the actuals
- Note: customer entered -5 with the mistaken understanding that it would negate the original amount to zero. This is not the correct amount to enter. The adjustment should be set to 0 if you want to remove the 5 units. The amount of -5 entered is indicating that is the final amount that you want, for which you should not use negative quantities.
- Approve the Adjusted transaction
- Query the PAC_IMP_ACTUALS_EXPORT and verify the Amount, Rate and TOT_COST_PRJ_CURR are -10
- Note: customer expected it to be -5 with the mistaken understanding that it would degate the original amount to zero. Because the user entered -5, from positive 5 to negative 5 this is a total of -10.
- Run 'Import Financial Actuals' job
- Launch the project in OWB and view the assignment Actual Cost field - it displays ($5,) and if you set the Actuals field to display cost it displays $0.00 as expected
Expected Result: The Actual Cost field in CA PPM or Open Workbench (OWB) to display $0.00.
Actual Result: The actual Cost field in CA PPM displays as -5.00 and OWB display ($5.00).
The -5 value changed on the quantity field is an amount that represents the current quantity, not an adjustment amount. Therefore if the original quantity was a positive 5 and the new quantity is a negative 5, the total difference between the two amounts is -10. Quantity amounts should NOT go below zero. CA PPM does not accept negative quantities and if a negative amount is entered, the application will only go down to zero.
The steps described above are incorrect for making an adjustment entry and should not be used. The user should make an adjustment directly on the existing Voucher Transaction WIP record, changing the quantity from 5 to 0. The change in the quantity should always reflect the desired total; not a value that should be decremented.
When Timesheet Entries are created, a direct WIP adjustment is not advised as the Timesheet totals and WIP totals will be out-of-sync. When timesheet entries need adjustment, make the adjustment to the number of hours to reflect the new total quantity, in this example, change 5 hours on the timesheet to zero (0) hours (do not delete the timesheet entry row), execute the sequence of jobs and the information will flow into WIP and provide the expected outcome.
An idea has been logged within the communities, please add your comments and vote for it: Ability to adjust Actual Hours entered through Transaction Entry
Reference TEC532981 : Import Financial Actuals job does negative transactions that can cause Project actuals to be out of sync