In order to run any of the Application Monitor batch reports using archived logs as input (to be identified via SYS011 DD card(s)), you need to make sure that the online component of Performance Monitor writes its statistics into the IDMS DC log.
This can be accomplished via the #PMOPT macro, by means of the AMDCLOG=YES parameter. If this parameter is set to NO, no Perfmon statistics are written into the IDMS DC log, and as such, none of the Application Monitor batch reports will produce any output.
You can check this online, within PMAM using the PF10 key (PMAM Status/Options).
See the following screen shots for examples :
- The same applies for PMIM (Interval Monitor)
- Performance Monitor requires Task statistics. These must be enabled in the SYSTEM statement in SYSGEN, by means of the STATISTICS INTERVAL parameter.
- You can change the AMDCLOG parameter as follows :
- dynamically via PMAM :
- Press PF10 to get to the PMAM Options screen
- put the cursor on the "NO" field next to "Write to DClog"
- overtype "NO' with "YES"
- statically by means of modifying and recompiling your #PMOPT source
The dynamic method is active immediately, but will only remain active till shutdown of the Central Version.
The static method will only be active after a recycle of the Central version.