Phase I of SSO
What are the prerequisites to accomplish Phase I of SSO?
Phase I of SSO: Portal migration (an activity entirely from CA side)
- CA Team takes approval from Customer for a downtime of 4 hours for your respective Clarity instance.
- CA team takes Clarity data backup before migration
- CA team setup your respective environment(Dev/Test/Prod) in CA Ondemand Portal (https://ondemand.ca.com)
- After that CA team convert usernames (under Administration -> Resources tab) in Clarity to email addresses. If there are any users not able to get converted due to duplicate data, then CA team will provide that data to customer to verify and update in clarity. But we recommend modifying such duplicate data before Portal migration.
- CA Team provides Tenant Admin rights on Ondemand Portal to approved person from customer side.
- Now Tenant admin can manage (add/delete/modify) users from Portal because after Portal migration user management should be done only from Portal and not from Clarity.
- CA team will guide customer for any help in managing users from Portal.
Once behind the portal, SAML SSO can be enabled by exchanging required information between Identity Provider and Service Provider (Here Identity Provider is customer and Service Provider is CA Technologies).
1. Environment URL on which the Phase-1 needs to be performed
2. Lead time of 48 hours and downtime of 4 hours is needed to perform this activity