Reports are slow and do not complete when there are many rows in the Data Warehouse (DWH) security tables.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open a web browser and login to PPM
- Home, Advanced Reporting
- Try to run any of the following reports. The first few may load the filter section and the report generation executes as expected. Then subsequently, running other reports, the filter section does not load or the report generation is slow to complete or the may never complete.
- Investment Allocations and Assignments
- Investment Assignments by Task
- Investment Baseline vs Plan by Task
- KPIs by Project Type
- Key Task and Milestone Status
- Project Change Request Register
- Project Cost and Effort
- Over/Under Allocation by Resource
- Capacity vs. Allocation by OBS
- Capacity vs. Booking Status by OBS
- Financial Capitalization Reports
- Financial Forecast Review Reports
Expected Result: Report Filters load and do not take several minutes to load. Reports complete
Actual Result: Report Filters take several minutes to load or never load. Many reports never complete.
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
Problem reproduced internally with customer's database on PPM 14.2 Patch 4 and also reproduced on v14.3
Caused by CLRT-79214
Resolved in CA PPM 14.2 Generic Patch #7.
Targeted for resolution in CA PPM 14.3 Generic Patch #3.
Targeted for resolution in next CA PPM release (Armstrong)
Reference TEC1398937 : PPM 14.2 Generic Patch available to resolve reported issues
Reference TEC1696455 : PPM 14.3 Generic Patch available to resolve reported issues