Here are tips and tricks to check when investigating performance issues in your CA Agile Central subscription.
Working with Support
Performance issues can be related to an outdated browser, add-ons/extensions, or specific configurations in browsers.
- Please see our Browser Support page to find out if your browser and version are supported
- Is Internet Explorer slow?
- Use Google Chrome, it tends to have better performance than Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.
Anything from your personal networking equipment to your local service provider can result in high latency and slow load times. This is most likely a factor if you experience load-time issues at one location or machine but not another (i.e. it's fine at work, but slow from home).
Things to check:
- Is your computer hard wired or using wireless to access the internet? Wireless is typically less performant.
- Are you experiencing slow load times on websites other than Agile Central?
- Test your connection speed at http://www.bandwidthplace.com/
- Is there an unusually large amount of network activity happening when trying to access your subscription (streaming, downloading, etc.) that is concurrent with your slow load times?
- Has your ISP (Internet Service Provider) reported any issues/outages in the area?
- Does your connection to your modem/router drop frequently?
- Flush your DNS and release/renew your IP address if you are having overall latency issues (not just with your subscription).
Working with Support
If you are opening a case with CA Support regarding performance issues with CA Agile Central, please provide the following information. We do understand this is long list; the more details we receive from you, the more thorough we can be in our investigation, as there are many potential causes that contribute to performance issues.
1. For users experiencing latency, please provide the following:
- Full usernames for at least two to three users.
- Browser/Version and OS is being used, for the same users.
2. Geographically, where are you and the users experiencing this issue located?
3. Please provide specific dates and times (including the time zone) for which slowdowns were experienced. This will help narrow the scope of the search.
4. What pages/sections of CA Agile Central are slow? Are there any specific actions that fail or cause slowdowns? If yes, please provide the details of the actions.
5. Please send us the results after visiting each of the following URLs:
6. Please send us a screenshot of the results after visiting the following URL:
8. Do you know if you are using a proxy? - if you are not sure, please provide what browser you are using and we will send instructions to help.
9. Are the users experiencing this working remotely and connecting through a VPN?
10. Are the users hard-wired to the internet or using WiFi?