This issue is characterized by the following Symptoms. These symptoms may not arise until after rebooting the appliance.
Note: Similar symptoms will arise whenever the password authority sub-system is not started or not working correctly. Usually restarting the appliance will bring this back into working order, but in this case a simple reboot will not suffice.
- Access to password management does not work. Users are logged off when they attempt to click "Manage Passwords".
- Attempting to use or view a vaulted password does not work. Users are logged off when they attempt to view a password or auto-connect using it.
The following error message will likely be found in the Tomcat logs:
May 24, 2017 6:42:22 PM com.cloakware.cspm.server.app.ApplicationImpl shutdown
SEVERE: Shutting down - DataSourceManager.parseAppClusterConfig No local application addresses found.
The following errors & messages may be found in the Session logs:
- Credential Service daemon is either not running or not reachable.
- Could not successfully retrieve Password Authority Managed Data for Dashboard
- Unable to retrieve NSX Accounts No response from Password Authority.
- The AWS secret key for use by S3 storage is missing
Trying to view / connect:
- Error when attempting to retrieve password view requests - error was No response from Password Authority.
- Error when attempting to retrieve pa user id via access user id - error was No response from Password Authority.