- From ISPF main panel, select Dialog Test.
- From there, select option 7 (Traces).
- Then, select Function Trace, and specify ALL for "Function" and
- YES for "Active" <PF3>.
- Select Variable Trace, and specify ALL for "Variable" and YES for "Active" <PF3>. <PF3> again out of Traces.
- Next, select option 1 (Functions).
- Specify panel ISR@PRIM and option L and hit ENTER.
- Make sure SPFLOG file is allocated to your ISPF session.
- Recreate the problem.
- Once the ISPF dialog error occurs, after you have returned to ISPF, issue TSO ISRDDN and look for the SPFLOG dataset. This contains the ISPF trace information of interest. Prior to exiting ISPF, be sure to "Keep data set - New" (allocate new data set in next session). This data set is what should be provided to support for debugging.
7 Traces Specify trace definitions
Then, select Function Trace,
Select Variable Trace, and specify ALL for "Variable" and YES for "Active" <PF3>
(Then continue with remaining steps and shown above)