If you have a master project where a resource is not on the master, but is on the subproject you can drag and drop the resource to a task in the master project. On save from OWB to Clarity you will get an error if you do not have resource booking rights to the resource.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create project1
- Add resource1
- Create projectm
- Create taskm in projectm
- Add project1 as a subproject to project
- Create userA
- Give userA instance project management rights to project1 and project
- Have userA open project in OWB
- Note resource1 displays in the resource section of the Gantt chart
- Select resource1 and drag and drop on to taskm and release
- Note the resource is now assigned to the task
- Save the project back to Clarity
If you have resource booking rights the project saves.
If you do not have resource booking rights you get: Unable to save project CA Clarity PPM\projectm. An error occurred while trying to save your project: java.lang.Exception: Insufficient right to add record.
OWB has the ability to do what-if scenario's and we do not check rights during this. You are allowed to drag and drop resources from a subproject to a master projects tasks. When you do this it not only creates the assignment, but also a team record.
If you have booking rights to the resource when you save the master back to Clarity the team record is created in Clarity.
If you do not have booking rights to the resource an error message is returned letting you know Clarity cannot create the team record.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, OWB, Save, Insufficient right to add record.