Project Start/Fnish dates are changing to the earliest task Start/Finish dates, and team member allocations change accordingly when saving a project back to PPM from Open Workbench (OWB)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In PPM, create a project with a Start date of 8/1/2017 and Finish date of 8/1/2018
2. Add a team member to the project (The resource’s Start/Finish date default to the Start/Finish date of the project)
3. Add a task with a Start Date of 9/1/2017 and a Finish Date of 6/29/2018
4. Assign the team member to the task
5. Open the project in OWB
Note: You can see that the project dates in OWB have been changed to the task’s dates by looking at the Project Scheduling information in OWB:
- In OWB, click the ‘File’ icon in the top left hand corner (circle icon)
- Select ‘Project Properties’ and click on the Scheduling tab
6. Save the project back to PPM
7. View the Project Start and Finish Dates
Expected Results: Project Start and Finish Dates remain as what was set in Step 1.
Actual Results: Project Start and Finish Dates have changed to the earliest Task Start and Finish Dates.
Additionally, if you look at the Team tab, the resources's Start/Finish dates have been changed to the earliest Task Start and Finish dates as well.