When converting an Idea to a Project using a process, the out of the box Idea attribute values do not copy over to the project. This behavior is only seen when converting an Idea to a Project using a process. If the Idea is converted manually using the Convert button, all mapped fields copy over, as expected.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Administration - Objects - Idea
2. On the Attributes tab, find an out of the box attribute that is specific to the Idea object (Example: Impact)
3. Copy the ID of the attribute (Example: impact)
4. Go to Administration - Objects - Project
5. On the Attributes tab, click on New
6. Create a new String attribute having the same ID as the attribute from Step 2 (Example: impact)
7. Go to the Views tab, and add this attribute to a section in the Layout: Create view
8. Go the Administration - Processes
9. Create a new process on the Idea object (Start Option: On Demand)
10. On the Start Step add a System Action, and for the Action, select Convert Idea to Project
11. The process only needs this one step, then Validate and Activate the Process
12. Create an Idea and enter a value for the Impact field
13. Go to the Processes tab on the Idea, and Start the process created on steps 8-12
14. Go to Home - Projects and find the project that was created
Expected Results: The newly created project has the same value that the Idea had for the Impact
Actual Results: The Impact on the newly created project is blank
DE42293 is currently under review by our engineering team for a resolution.
Create the attribute at the investment level and use this attribute in both the idea and the project instead of the out of the box idea attribute and the custom project attribute that was created with the same id.
This way the value will get copied over when doing both a manual and process conversion.