Oracle Patch 10.2.0.4 or 10.2.0.5 installation failed
/etc/inittab does not seem to contain default runlevel information.
/usr/bin/who -r failed or gave unexpected result. Unable to fetch current runlevel
ORA-00704: bootstrap process failure
ORA-39700: database must be opened with UPGRADE option
Thu Jul 15 15:07:38 2010
Error 704 happened during db open, shutting down database
USER: terminating instance due to error 704
Instance terminated by USER, pid = 4852
ORA-1092 signalled during: ALTER DATABASE OPEN...
After failed Oracle upgrade the DB does not start anymore.
Perform the following steps to solve the problem:
- cd to $NH_ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin from a command prompt.
- Start a new sqlplus session (sqlplus sys/ehealth as sysdba)
- Run the following commands in sqlplus:
The database should open successfully after which these sql commands can be run:
- Then shutdown the database from the same sqlplus session with the command:
- Start the database from the command prompt with:
- Start eHealth:
After successfully completing the above steps, repeat the Oracle Patch installation to complete the Oracle install.