The best way to resolve this error message is to work with your DBA so they will be able to change the size and length restrictions.
You can take the SQL Scripts that are generated at the DB Maintenance Area and reduce/take off the last item in the script causing the error or review the resolutions presented in these documents:
Once this is done, you can rerun the DB Maintenance scripts and the upgrade will be successful. Directions for performing repository maintenance: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1913171.html
The following process will also get you around the error:
1. In Datamaker, hit CTRL+ALT+M to get to the Maintenance DB screen.
2. Check all CA Test Data Manager - Datamaker tables are present in the repository connection.
- This facility will check if any tables are missing and create a script to create any missing tables.
3. A script will be generated to the screen. Copy that script and in SQL Admin screen.
4. Run each script individually until you find the error.
5. Skip the bad one and continue running the rest, one at a time.
6. Now return back to the bad one. You will notice it is long. Simply take out the last column and re-run it.
- This should run without errors or warnings.