When a project is created from template and the template has custom attribute with data type multi valued lookup with a default value, the user gets error "ERROR 500 - Internal Server Error. the server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or other technical problems. Contact your site administrator". The lookup is a custom lookup.
Steps to Recreate:
- Create a custom lookup, source static list, values (region1, region2, region3, none)
- In Project object create a custom attribute which has data type as Multi Value Lookup String and select lookup created in step 1.
Default the attribute to some value (say : None).
- Add it to Project View
- On the application side create a project.
- The above attribute defaults to None.
- Make the Project as template.
- Create New Project from the above template.
- When clicked save on the Create page system gives
Error Message : Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or other technical problems. Contact your site administrator.
- Modify the template removing the default value of the custom attribute created in step 1.
- Create New Project from the template again. This time you don't get the error 500
Expected Result: New project created from template should be saved without receiving any error
Actual Result:Received error 500 when new project created from template is saved. The log error shows ORA-00001.
Work around has been done by temporarily removing the default value on Multi Value Lookup
This is documented as CLRT-68730
Resolved in Clarity 13.1 Generic Patch. Reference TEC581256
Resolved in Clarity 13.2