OPSMVS - SSMGAOPR MGROUP - moving group resources with pre-reqs.
Moveable resources were failing due to incorrect ACTMODE settings.
USER GUIDE Chapter 8: Using SSM Global Application 8-15 will be updated with the following:
Enter values for all movable resources:
- Enter the primary system name with a valid system.subsys name.
The combination of primary system and resource table names must be unique within the SSMplex. All duplicate names are treated as replicated resources of one active resource.
- Set the current and desired systems to the primary system name.
- Set the ACTMODE to ACTIVE on the primary system. Set the ACTMODE to INACTIVE on all other systems.
Note: The resource MODE should always be ACTIVE. SSMGA uses the ACTMODE column to control moveable resources.
The ACTMODE will be set to ACTIVE on the system the resource is running on and set to INACTIVE on all other systems.
- Set the SSM#MOVMOD column value to the appropriate resource recovery value for normal operations.
- Populate the alternate system list column with the desired system names specified in the order in which they are to be selected.