1. On the primary hub, check the file <Nimsoft>\probes\service\distsrv\base_acls.cfg and make sure it has the Operator Console Basic ACLs below.
If they are not there, you can manually add them by copy pasting the below.
<Operator Console Basic>
name = Operator Console Basic
desc = Access to OperatorConsole portlet
type = UMP
access = admin
apply_to_existing_acls = Superuser,Administrator,Operator
</Operator Console Basic>
2. In Infrastructure Manager, navigate the distsrv probe on the primary hub.
3. With the distsrv probe selected, press "Ctrl-P" the probe Utility (pu) should appear.
3. In the probe commandset, select callback set_acl_init with the parameter value "base_acls.cfg". The callback updates the security.cfg with the ACLs, it will not delete any ACLs, nor change any ACLs.
4. In infrastructure manager, open Security -> Manage Access Control List. Check to make sure the ACL has USM Monitoring Configuration Service, USM Edit Monitoring Templates and USM Edit Monitoring Station Groups,
5. Logout, and log back in with the user, the issue should now be resolved.
METHOD 2: Probe Utility through command line
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\bin\pu.exe" -u administrator -p (password) distsrv set_acl_init base_acls.cfg
where (password) is the password for the built-in administrator user.
/opt/nimsoft/bin/pu -u administrator -p (password) distsrv set_acl_init base_acls.cfg
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\bin>pu.exe -u administrator -p xxxxxxxx distsrv set_acl_init base_acls.cfg
Aug 20 02:29:41:619 pu: SSL - init: mode=0, cipher=DEFAULT, context=OK
Address: distsrv Request: set_acl_init
set_acl_init: PDS_PCH 8 success
4. IM check that the USM Monitoring ACLs are now displayed in the ACL list by selecting Security->Manage Access Control list from the IM drop down menu.
5. Log Off and Log in again in UMP, the monitoring tab is now displaying for USM servers or groups.