What might cause the error "The file is not able to display. Only attachments with a status of 'Installed' may be viewed" when trying to view an attachment from Service Desk Manager?
There are some possible causes for this message, but the message usually displays because the uploaded file is missing from the repository, or Service Desk Manager believes the file is missing.
To determine the exact path of the file do the following:
1. Log into Service Desk Manager as an Administrator and access the Administration tab.
2. Go to "Attachments Library" and "Attachments", perform a search to find the attachment in question.
3. Open the record, and you should see a "Physical Path" value, which is the exact path of the file on the repository server, confirm if this file exists.
The file may be missing for the following reasons:
1. It was manually removed
2. An antivirus scan may have flagged the file and removed it.
3. In rare cases there may have been a failure during the upload process that failed prior to the file being fully uploaded.
Another possible cause of the error message is related to restoring attachments that were archived and purged. Further information on that topic is here: