This is covered in https://communities.ca.com/message/241963034 which includes installation instructions, releases, and download location.
Manual Build Steps
If wishing to make your own images, here are the steps used. If you have a Linux set of files to pull from, it takes less than 10 minutes to setup.
- Make a shell dir for the app that you want. Name the dir after app version (Wily_22.214.171.124)
1. Mount the dmg and copy the .app file to /tmp (it's actually a directory). May also just be able to copy the existing .app file from /Applications
- Copy the old image (like 8.2.3) to the newly created directory
1. We will delete the workstation subtree, but this will retain the package format.
- Update the Info.plist with new CFBundleVersion
1. Keep the rest the same
- Go to Resources/WilyWorkstation. This is the actual workstation subtree.
1. Remove everything
2. Untar the Linux version of the workstation and run the installer on a Linux VM (there is no distro that is just the files only; all wrapped in .bin)
3. Copy over the subtree to the new package
- Remove unnecessary stuff
1. Remove jre/ UninstallerData/ install/ logs/ docs/
2. Should be about 80 MB.
- Run to make sure it's working
- Shouldn't need any further customizations.
- Mac Java version is presently 126.96.36.199 on Lion. (At a minimum, need 188.8.131.52 and later.)
- Rename the folder to end in .app.
- Image name should have format like CA Wily Introscope Workstation 184.108.40.206.
- Create a new image.
- Check size of dir with du.
- Make the image the right size. (Typically used 85mb, custom.)
- Format: Mac OS Extended
- Partition: Single partition (default)
- Image name should have format like CA_Wily_Introscope_Workstation-220.127.116.11.dmg.
- Mount the image, drag the app directory that you made into it
- Right-click, reveal in finder
- Create a readme telling to drag the app to apps folder:
The <app_name.app>/Contents/MacOS/Introscope_workstation script:
#!/bin/sh DIR=`dirname "$0" | sed 's! !\\ !g'` DIR=$DIR/../Resources/WilyWorkstation cd "$DIR" #echo "*****" #echo "PWD = $PWD" exec ./Introscope_Workstation
Which in turn calls <app_name.app>/Contents/Resources/WilyWorkstation/IntroscopeWorkstation