Numbers are not displayed correctly if color-mapping is defined for numbers with fractional values (like FTE) in the New User Experience (UX)
- Log in as an administrator in the New UX PPM
- Go to a Project STAFF grid
- Make sure the project has some staff rows with values in Allocation, Actuals, ETC, EAC and have some rows with no or zero values
- Flip between FTE / Hours and view data in both units of measure
- Go to Administration, Studio, Objects - Team, Attributes
- Configure Color Mappings on the following fields - do NOT set a color in the default bucket (set the color range something like 1-99999 so that zeros will go to the default bucket)
- EAC (attribute = Total Usage)
- Go back to the Project STAFF grid with the data
- View the data with HOURS - numbers appear as expected ; except for the default bucket values ; empty cell
- View the data with FTE - numbers NOT appearing - cell empty for all values
- Go back to Studio and set a color in the default bucket
- View the data with HOURS
- View the data with FTE
This issue is caused by: DE41610. The code is not formatting the number correctly when color mapping is configured.
This defect is planned to be fixed in a future release.
- This issue also applies to the Risks, Issues, and Change Requests (RICs) & Project Staff Grids.
- It applies to any field that has fractional values (such as in the case of FTE).
Workaround: Do not configure colors for fields that will have fractions (especially 0-1 because it will seem like all rows are zero – not just truncated)
Reference KB000093171 - What are the known New User Experience (UX) defects?
Reference KB000093166 - Where can I find New User Experience (UX) knowledge documents?