When a ticket is created, and area defaults are enabled, by default, tickets will only be updated to include populated default fields related to an area. In this example, we would like to update the fields based on area, even if they are null.
The 'clear_fields_if_empty_in_area' option, which is available in 14.1.5, will ensure that the area default values will be used, regardless if they are filled or null.
1. Ensure that 14.1 CP5 is installed (which can be found here: https://support.ca.com/us/product-content/recommended-reading/technical-document-index/ca-service-management-solutions-patches.html?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=1?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=1).
2. Open the Service Desk web interface.
3. Navigate to the Options Manager, located on the Administration tab.
4. Under Request Mgr, find and install the 'clear_fields_if_empty_in_area' option.
5. Restart CA Service Desk Manager.