First, Use Analysis Graphs for some initial triaging. Try to determine the following:
- The date of the last defect or report and the scope of the issue for reports
- Is it for certain date ranges?
- Is it for a particular time frequency, such as hourly?
- Look for patterns such as hourly data showing up but not daily data - today is showing up but not yesterday.
Second, research the likely cause of the issue:
- Are files being generated at all?
- Check the Save to CSV option under Business Services to see when a transaction last received defects.
- Check the timfiles logs on the TIM and TIM Collector EM Logs to see if defects and stat files are being generated at all.
- Defects and Stat Files are being generated but are not showing up in APM CEM UI:
- See if defect and stat files are backing up under the TIM directory /etc/wily/cem/tim/data/out (APM 9.6) or /opt/CA/APM/tim/data/out (APM 9.7 and later.)
- Look in the defects and stats directory to see how many files are there. (Defects should be processed real-time and have only a few files for a couple of seconds. Only one or two stats files should typically be present for the previous hour.
- If files are backed up restart the Stats Aggregation EM. (Check the Services Tab on the APM CE MOM GUI to find out the right server.)
- Check the Last Aggregation Row value in the appropriate stats base table in the APM DB such as those in the daily table:
Look for errors after midnight when the stats aggregation has taken place:
- select max(ts_last_aggregated_row) from ts_st_ts_us_dly;
- org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "ts_st_ts_us_int_xxxxxxxx"
- Other Stats Aggregation Errors
- Note the version that is installed.
- Check the release notes of versions later than what you have.
Once having this information and having done the above triaging, contact Support for next steps.