When Returning the Timesheet of another user, there is a functionality in the Old UI, that presents a page to "note" the reason for returning that Timesheet. This page, does not have any button to "Submit" a note, or "Cancel" making a note, in version 15.3 of CA PPM. This issue happens only under specific circumstances.
Steps to reproduce this issue are as below:
Expected Result: "Submit" and "Cancel" buttons appear on this page
- Log in to classic CA PPM as an admin and enable the new ux and timesheets.
- Decide to switch back and disable new timesheets.
- Log in to classic CA PPM as a team member and submit a timesheet. Logout.
- Log in to classic CA PPM as an admin or RM with timesheet approval rights.
- Open the submitted timesheet in the matching Time Period and click Return Timesheet.
- The 'Enter a reason for returning the timesheet' page appears.
Actual Result: These buttons are missing from this page
Below is a screenshot of the issue.
CA PPM version 15.3.
This is caused due to a defect with ID DE38157.
The defect has been fixed in version 15.4 of CA PPM.
If you already typed your reason (note), copy it. Exit this page and go back to the returned Timesheet and click Timesheet Notes and paste, or otherwise add your note and category on this modal form where you can click Add and then Return.