No Self Monitoring Metric data is present in the CA Performance Manager System Health Dashboards
All CA Performance Manager releases
- When displaying the out of the box System Health Dashboards receiving "No Data to Display"
- When displaying customized System Health Dashboards receiving "No Data to Display"
- When displaying Views to see Data Aggregator monitoring statistics receiving "No Data to Display"
- When displaying Views to see Data Collector monitoring statistics receiving "No Data to Display"
A common cause for this problem is the inadvertent deletion of the element in the Data Aggregator that represents the Data Aggregator.
Out of the Box Functionality:
- When the Data Aggregator is first connected as a Data Source in a CA Peformance Manager system, it creates an element that represents itself.
- This element is then tied to the "DA Health (Fast)", "DA Health (Normal)" and "DA Health (Slow)" Monitoring Profiles
- Data is gathered (non-SNMP) from the systems to provide a view into system performance, resource usage and general health
When the Data Aggregator is inadvertent deleted, it is recreated by the system. When it is recreated it is assigned a new itemID in the database. We are then left with old data tied to a different itemID and a new Data Aggregator element no longer tied to the Monitoring Profiles.
- NEVER delete the Data Aggregator element unless under the direction of CA Support or CA Sustaining Engineering representatives
- Once deleted unfortunately the solution is more intensive than simply reassigning Monitoring Profiles.
The full solution involves:
- A REST based CURL command statement issued at the CLI of the Data Aggregator
- VSQL statement commands on the Data Repository database
- Data Aggregator restarts
If this problem is being seen in your environment please open a new support case with the CA Performance Manager Support team for resolution.