When trying to apply a license for Agile Designer I am receiving a 'No CmContainer found' error message.
CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD)
Release versions 1.9 and above.
This error message means that you are missing license containers. License containers or 'CmContainers' in this software are the CmActLicense keys and licenses located in a unique, PC-bound license file which has to be created and activated. The term CmContainer is used when the key and license carrier of both variants are addressed.
In CodeMeterCC, you will need to make sure that under the 'License' tab, you have a license container of 'AgileDesigner' listed.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin
- Locate 'CodeMeterCC.exe', right-click, and choose 'Run as administrator'.
- In the CodeMeter Control Center window, look under the 'License' tab. You should only have a license container of 'AgileDesigner' listed.
If you do not have the license container of 'AgileDesigner' listed, you will need to import that into CodeMeterCC.
- Follow the instructions in this document on how to import license containers into CodeMeterCC: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1760837.aspx
If you do have any other license containers such as 'AgileDesignerUnb' or 'AgileDesigner-Trial' listed, you will need to delete those.
- Follow the instructions in this document on how to delete existing license containers: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1123134.aspx
After having the correct license containers listed, you will need to create a new license request and apply the new license key. Follow the instructions in either of these documents on how to request and apply an offline or online license activation keys:
- Offline license activation key: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1147813.aspx
- Online license activation key: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1424828.aspx
If you experience any licensing issues, please open a support case on https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or call 1-800-225-5224.