Nimsoft received alarm from AS400 system but NAS profile did not send an Email alert
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Unified Infrastructure Management
Emails are not being sent out to our customer despite AO profiles that are set up to do so based on alarms.
- UIM 8.5.1
- nas 8.42
- nas timing/processing issue
1. For the AO profile that only assigns the alarm:
set break = no (using nas Raw Configure), so that the profile continues on to the next one.
If break = no, then it stops processing/doesn't continue on to check other AO Profiles.
2. You must COLD START the nas (Deactivate-Activate) for the change to take effect.
3. Make sure the order is set so that the assign profile occurs first and the EMAIL profile happens afterwards. You can use ‘Move Up’ or ‘Move Down’ to set the order. Then rt-click and choose Set Order.
Profiles will be executed in the order they were created (see the order column in the list). If modifying the list, using the move up and move down options, you may select this to be the NEW executing order by selecting the Set Order option. Also by selecting the Set Order, you remove the duplicates.
4. Make sure that the user you’re assigning the alarm to is the proper user, e.g., sduser, and that this same user is defined under User Administration and is the same as the user you have specified in the ASSIGN profile. Use the same exact case.
5. Instead of using 'on arrival' for the EMAIL profile, set that to 45s.
Was this information helpful?