ServiceNow Incidents stop being generated by the sngtw probe. This seems to be happening once every 48 hours or so. Although a simple restart of the service fixes the issue it s very inconveniencing and impact our Global Noc and Help-desk.
Also seeing errors similar to the following in the sngtw.log file at loglevel 5:
May 31 16:33:22:252 [Thread-143, sngtw] Start to find out the value of [u_mon_id] Node
May 31 16:33:22:260 [Thread-143, sngtw] com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
The sngtw probe will not work in the UIM 8.51 environment using the 1.8 java_jre that is deployed in this environment unless a change is made to configure the sngtw probe to use the 1.7 java_jre.
The UTF-8 errors occur because the probe has a problem reading UTF 8 messages.
You must update the probe configuration to load JRE 7 when using this probe in a UIM 8.51 domain where the 1.8 java jre has been pushed to the hub where the sngtw probe is deployed. This is accomplished by following these steps:
1. Open Infrastructure Manager.
2. Right click on the sngtw probe, and click Edit.
3. Modify the value of the Command field to: <startup java 1.7>
4. Click OK and restart the probe.
To allow the sngtw probe to be able to read UTF-8 messages, follow these steps:
1. From Infrastructure Manger, select the sngtw probe -> Right click ->Edit...
2. Replace the Arguments value with :
-DNIMV_CONTIP=$NIMV_CONTIP -DNIMCPRID=$NIMCPRID -DNIM_PROBE_KEY=$NIM_PROBE_KEY -DNIMPROBEPORT=$NIMPROBEPORT -DNIM_CONTROLLER_PORT=$NIM_CONTROLLER_PORT -DNIM_SPOOLER_PORT=$NIM_SPOOLER_PORT -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -cp "./*;lib/*" com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.alarmgateway.SnGtw
3. To implement this change, you will need to deactivate the probe then activate it again.