Unable to see data in reports on the remotely polled elements, when run it from central server. Same elements are reporting data on Remote pollers. Following message is seen in eHealth system.log:
Following errors are seen in system.log:
Friday, July 29, 2016 12:06:17 PM Pgm nhiRpImport: Remote poller beginning poll.
Friday, July 29, 2016 02:05:28 PM Warning nhiPoller[Import] Pgm nhiPoller[Import]: Import command timed out for 'remotePoller' module.
Friday, July 29, 2016 02:05:31 PM Pgm nhiPoller[Import]: A scheduled poll was missed, the next poll will occur now (Import Poller).
Friday, July 29, 2016 02:05:33 PM Pgm nhiPoller[Import]: A scheduled poll was missed, the next poll will occur now ('remotePoller' integration module).
Friday, July 29, 2016 02:06:27 PM Pgm nhiRpImport: Remote poller beginning poll.
eHealth 6.2.2 and above installed on Windows / Linux / Unix operating systems
It appears that remote poller is timing without completing a single poll. When a poll is successfully completed, we must see a Poll Ended messages too in system.log, but in above logs we can see only polls beginning, but never ending.
There are several factors causing polls to fail, and two of the main problems are 1. Network latency and 2. Too many files to import.
- Look in rp.log file for any specific errors. Also, review how many files are found on remote poller spool folder, and how many files are being imported in one poll.
- In many cases, due to failed polls for more than few hours to day causes too many unsent files sitting in remote poller's spool folder.
- In this case, there were more than 1000 spool files on RP and CS imported only about 100 files per poll, due to which there are incomplete / missed polls.
- Increasing poll timeout at times makes the situation worst, so leave the poller running at default 15 minutes interval and ensure its importing at least 100 files per poll and that should bring down number of files from spool folder.
- If imported files are very less per poll, then work with network team to find out the cause of latency or increase poll timeout in such situation, if latency cannot be improved.
This is a case scenario and it may differ in some customer situation. Please contact CA Support, if above solution does not solve the problem.